The national leadership of All Progressives Congress, APC, has been advised to use the opportunity of the Federal Executive Council and other federal appointments to be reconstituted soon to empower and reinvigorate the APC in Oyo State with a view of using it to reclaim power in 2023.
This advice was given by the Oyo APC Reformers after rising from a meeting of the group held in Ibadan on Wednesday April 3rd, 2019.
According to the group, in a statement issued and signed by the protem secretary, Mr Sulaimon Ramon, one of the major contributors to the failure at the last election is the apolitical nature of some of the people currently appointed into federal positions from the state.
The group indicated that out of the nine Federal Special Assistants appointed from the state, none of them is a known member of the party, visible in the party or took part in the electioneering process in the state.
The group advised that now that Oyo APC has no state power, such positions must now be given to technocrats and loyalists within the party who will use the post do deliver dividends of democracy as indicated in the party’s manifesto, for political patronage and future success of the party in the state.
“For the avoidance of doubts, the Oyo APC Reformers listed the current occupants of the posts to be:
1) Mr Laolu Akande SSA to President, Media and Publicity, Office of VP
2) Dr Mariam Masha SSA to President, Internally Displaced Persons, Office of VP
3) Mr Fola Oyeyinka, SSA to President, Economic Matters, Office of COS
4) Mr Bode Oyetunde SSA to President Financial & Fiscal Policy Office of COS
5) Mr Folarin Alayande SSA to President, Economic Recovery and Growth
6) Mr Adesegun Agbebiyi SSA to President, Private Sector, Office of COS
7) Mrs Jibola Ajimobi Ajayi SSA to President BPE, Office of VP
8) Mr Biodun Ayodeji SSA to the President , Financial Crimes (MOJ)
9) Mr Adeleye Williams SSA to President, Media ( Ministry of Information)
The statement stated that except Pa Taiwo Akinkunmi, who designed the Nigerian flag and who is the SSA to President for Life, others were recruited from abroad
The APC Reformers believe that if the above appointments were properly made and spread across the political zones in the state, the story of Oyo APC may have been different today.