The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has announced the cut-off mark for the 2020/21 admission exercise into tertiary institutions in the country.
The announcement was made the Registrar of the board, Professor Ishaq Oloyede, during the 2020 policy meeting on admission held virtually on Tuesday.
Oloyede said the minimum cut-off for University admission is pegged at 160, polytechnics at 120 and above while College of Education’s cut-off, which is the lowest, is 100 and above.
Oloyede also revealed that 612,557 candidates were offered admission in 2019 out of about 1,157,977 candidates.
He added that about 510,957 admission spaces were unused tertiary institutions in the country last year.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu has directed JAMB to continue with the admission process for 2029/21.
Adamu, who was represented by the Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba said,“As major stakeholders, we must jointly come up with reactions that would realign our programmes to these new realities,” Adamu said.
“While these reactions are being fine-tuned to check their capacities and capabilities to withstand the new reality, JAMB and tertiary institutions could take advantage of the current situation and consider candidates with previous years Senior School Certificate Examination and other qualifying results, to proceed on with the admission process.”
“Whatever arrangement that the country comes up with in the long run, will surely accommodate those who will be taking the examination when the opportunity to do so is worked out.”