Five months ago, the lawmaker representing Oyo Central in The Senate, Sen. Monsurat Sunmonu delivered transformers to 25 communities under her district.
This, according to the media office of the lawmaker, who is the first female senator from the state, was to ease power generation in those communities.
The gesture which began on 20th April, 2018, saw the 25 communities in 11 local government areas benefitng.
All communities that benefited from the transformers had previously been surveyed to determine that transformers were actually needed.
Below are list of benefitting communities:
Oluyole: 500/11KVa transformers:
1. Oloke, Farai Ajofeyinbo.
2. Idiorogbo community, Adeoyo.
3. Shogunro, New felele, Soka area, Apete.
1. Ifesowapo, Alade adura, Oluwo area.
2. Apata, Oluwakemi area along Alakia road.
3. Kukumada Adaramola community, Ogungbade Alakia Ibadan.
Ona Ara: 500/11KVa
1. Okiki Ade, babanla community.
2. Osun, Oke Ogbere area (New Town).
3. Paara Community, Airport Road.
1. Trinity area, Old Oyo, Ojoo Ibadan received a 500/33KVa transformer
2. Alase II area Old Oyo Road received a 500/33KVa transformer
3. Akinyele Village received a 500/33KVa transformer.
1. Amuloko Community, Jobele received a 500/33KVa transformer.
2. Fojubaye, Idi Igba Community, Ilora received a 500/11KVa transformer.
1. Bode Community Durbar received a 500/11KVa transformer.
2. Agbogangan Community, Sawmill received a 500/11KVa transformer.
1. Ladigbolu Community received a 500/11KVa transformer.
2. Akeetan Community received a 500/11KVa transformer.
1. Saka Village received a 500/33KVa transformer.
1. Cooperative Odo Oba received a 500/11KVa transformer.