Home News EXCLUSIVE: Makinde ‘Angry’ With Top Ministry Officials, Redeploys Them Over Alleged N15b...

EXCLUSIVE: Makinde ‘Angry’ With Top Ministry Officials, Redeploys Them Over Alleged N15b Motor-park Projects

8045
0



Last week Friday was not a good day for all the directors and deputy directors in the Oyo State ministry of works and transport.

They were all redeployed to the ministry of agriculture and natural resources, OYOINSIGHT.COM can reliably report.

Their offense was that they allegedly pruned down a project allegedly proposed by Governor Seyi Makinde for N5 billion each to N420 million.



Sources told OYOINSIGHT.COM that Makinde had proposed the construction of three motor parks within the state capital allegedly at the cost of N5 billion per one. He was said to have sent the proposal to the directors for vetting and recommendations.

To the governor’s surprise, “the N5b had been reduced to N420 million each. He was furious then. It was not until last Friday that they got to know the implication of what they have done. They were all told to resume at the ministry of agriculture and natural resources,” the source added.

Another source who begged for anonymity said that “It was not like the governor just decided to redeploy them. They have been thwarting his efforts. Anything he brings to them, they find a way of delaying it. Only last week, they were asked to prepare an estimate for the repair of the road leading to the infectious Disease Centre at Olodo. While they allegedly came back with N64 million, an independent contractor came up with N24 million estimate. The governor was not only angry with them, he warned that he was going to book them when next they engage in such insincerity.”

Another impeccable said he saw no wrong with what the officials did.”

Leave a Reply