To assured aggrieved members of the Oyo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, of a level playing ground especially in the running of the affairs of the party, former Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala, has asked those with ambitions to keep it for now.
Alao-Akala, in a personally signed letter, a copy of which was made available to OYOINSIGHT.COM, promised to remain neutral in the scheme of activities of the party, adding that he is not in support of any aspirant for any elective office and will never go against the wish of the people.
The letter, this newspaper understands, less than 48 hours after a follow-up meeting to reconcile aggrieved members of the party held at the Ibadan residence of Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State.
This was also after members of the Unity Forum has raised an objection over the composition of the Elders Advisory Council for the party.
Dear Party Faithful,
ONENESS & PROGRESS: OUR FOCUS.
1. I bring you good tidings in the name of the Almighty.
2. As we are all aware, our great party the All Progressives Congress in Oyo State (A.P.C) has been through series of upheavals in recent past but I am glad to inform you officially that this has now become a thing of the past.
3. All differences have been resolved and we have become a very happy, united and common front.
4. All hatchets have been buried and all groups, bodies and forums have been collapsed into the A.P.C structure. What we have now is All Progressives Congress, Oyo State Chapter.
5. Similarly, an Elders Advisory Council has also been put in place with my humble self as Head.
6. Our core responsibilities shall among others include, promoting internal cohesion within the party, ensuring fairness and transparency in all activities of the party, maintaining a level playing ground for all, promoting justice and fair play in the party at all levels.
7. This is a call to duty and service. It is a sacrifice and we are ready to put our best into ensuring that Oyo state regain it’s pride of place in the comity of states in our great country Nigeria.
8. In light of the above, I want to re-assure you all great men and women of A.P.C in Oyo state that I, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala remains neutral in the scheme of activities of the party.
9. I am not in support of any aspirant for any elective office and will never go against the wish of the people.
I am an advocate of internal democracy that will promote oneness and progress.
I reiterate categorically that I am against imposition.
10. I hitherto implore all members with aspiration to keep their ambition for now and join me and others in building a virile and strong party. I am always available and open to everyone.
11. I hereby put all members on notice that an expanded, all inclusive meeting shall be held soon to further cement our oneness.
12. I re-assure you all once again that I am committed to leading our party to victory come 2023.
Otunba (Dr.) Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala
( Former Executive Governor of Oyo State and Chairman, A.P.C Elders Advisory Council.)